Thursday, June 6, 2024

MPI - Day 2

Today we focused primarily on knowing our learners as mathematicians. I am really looking forward to exploring some helpful websites that were shared throughout the day such as Banqer, MathVentures and SSDD

Our workbooks were shared to us today and it was good to have the time to start filling my data into this and get to play with that. I am looking forward to further exploring the use of the learning intentions and the matching relevent success criteria. It was good for me to look at the idea of success criteria not always being explicit before a lesson begins, but rather that it can be co-constructed or revealed throughout.

I really like the task boards that were presented to us this session. It was fun to explore these deeper and I would like to challenge myself to create a taskboard that works well for me and use it in my class. It is something I have not yet done as it has felt like a lot of initial work to set up, but I can see that it is really not much more work than the current timetable rotations I already use. 

I found the reflection slides for each student really good at the end of some of these activities, and think this will be a fantastic way to get constructive feedback from my setudents, while also promoting their self reflection, in a reasonably low stress way. 

Another full on, useful and information packed MPI day!





1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Sarah,
    I will bring you your coffee on Monday morning. Thank you for sharing with the whole group.
    I am also interested in hearing how you went exploring the resources and apps that were shared with you on day 2. A taskboard does take time to introduce and set up with your students but once it is set up and running it is worth the time. It is great to hear about the success criteria revolution that it can be constructed at the beginning, middle or end of the lesson depending on what your learning intention is. The assessment examples and self reflections are often missed out in maths yet they are just as important as the other curriculum areas. They don’t always need to be written; you can mix it up with technology and use video and sound bites. Have fun exploring and trialling everything.
    I will not be at the next MPI day as I am going to the ISTE conference in Denver. So see you on Day 4 of MPI.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

MPI Day 7 - Geometric Thinking