Friday, August 27, 2021

DFI week 5

In this weeks DFI our kaupapa focus was on having visible learning and the benefits this brings our students. It makes a lot of sense to me to ensure that my students feel like what they have to say is being heard and has value, and this pedagogy aligns well with my belief.

I like the multi modal learning pedagogy too. Having classrooms with a varied range of students, all whom bring their own unique experiences, abilities and understandings to the classroom leads straight to good practice being differentiated for all students. Having the technology varied for not only learning levels but also learning styles seems logical and important to me.

 It was really fun making my own google site today for learning based around friendship and the book "The Rainbow Fish". I relearnt a lot of small things about making a site from the beginning of this year, and how to ensure the settings are checked to give everyone access. This is especially important with lockdown level 4 right now and having all students accessing their learning from at home. I feel this is something I will use a lot in the future.




1 comment:

  1. Sarah,
    nice work with the site. It is eye-catching and certainly would appeal to learners.
    We talked briefly in our bubble about Mote and adding audio - let me know if you want to know more. Adding audio to Slides with Mote is a great way to unlock written text for learners - especially instructions - an example is here
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete

MPI - Day 1