Friday, September 17, 2021

DFI week 8

This weeks final DFI focused on computational thinking. This is such an important skill for our tamariki to practice and master. It is my favourite Albert Einstein Quote: “Genius is making complex ideas simple, not making simple ideas complex.” that I believe embodies this idea very well. 

I found the resources around teaching this thinking really exciting. Especially the TKI resources. I look forward to exploring these further in the weeks to come with my students.

Scratch was an interesting tool to explore, and I can see how simplifying the coding experience would make it far more accessible for younger students in particular, but also for older students new to coding. It is a very logical program to use and I look forward to getting my students to work in this program in the coming weeks and months.

I enjoyed exploring the online coding options and games too. I have a variety that I intend to use in my classroom, either on my promethean board as a whole class discussion activity, or on iPads for individual work. I have included snips of some of these below.

  

 


1 comment:

  1. Sarah,
    its great that this has opened up all these possibilities for you and your class. I'm sure you will have lots of fun with it too.
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete

MPI - Day 1